Tutorials About E Resources
Web of Science
Web of Science is a website which provides subscription-based access to multiple databases that provide comprehensive citation data for many different academic disciplines. It was originally produced by the Institute for Scientific Information and is currently maintained by Clarivate Analytics.
EndNote is a commercial reference management software package, used to manage bibliographies and references when writing essays and articles. It is produced by Clarivate Analytics.
Most bibliographic databases allow users to export references to their EndNote libraries. This enables the user to select multiple citations and saves the user from having to manually enter the citation information and the abstracts.
Video is about:
- Two ways to import a reference from an online database, using PubMed as an example.
- How to create a custom group and add references to it.
- How to use Find Full Text to download PDFs for references.
- How to insert a reference in a word document.
- How to format a bibliography, using the APA style as an example.
- How o add page numbers to a citation.
RefWorks is a web-based commercial reference management software package. It is produced by Ex Libris, a ProQuest company. Users' reference databases are stored online, allowing them to be accessed and updated from any computer with an internet connection. Many bibliographic database providers have implemented the ability to export references directly to RefWorks.
Video is about:
- Bibliographic details
- Data import
RefWork detailed video..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv-mzixhp1M&fbclid=IwAR2e3kdch-TwzXahSMv9SE2wiVg2F4rAbEVbsTUqAsMUlgYa5wT1ZbDTCkI (51 Minutes)
- This video will help in creating Refwork Account, adding references and creating Bibliography.
- This elaborates sample project to work with, sharing that project and exploring all the features of Refowrk.
- The video is a lecture by Asst Librarian at North central University Library.
Microsoft Office Plugin Cite while You Write.
A word processor integration utility called CiteWhileYouWrite enables users to insert reference codes from their RefWorks or EndNote accounts into Microsoft Word documents, which can then be formatted to produce in-text citations and reference lists in various styles
Install Plugin for Microsoft Word from here..
- ebrary offers a wide variety of multidisciplinary content. It acquires large number of titles from leading academic publishers.
- Freedom Subject Collection from ebrary. (More Info...)
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. It contains a significant amount of new international dissertations and theses both in citations and in full text..(More Info…)
- The ASTM Standards & Engineering Digital Library is a vast collection of industry-leading standards and technical engineering information. It covers a broad range of engineering disciplines, including aerospace, biomedical, chemical, civil, environmental, geological, health and safety, industrial, materials science, mechanical, nuclear, petroleum, soil science and solar engineering. (More Info...)
Science Direct is the world's leading electronic collection of scientific journals.
Renowned for the high-quality of its content in all branches of science, technology and medicine.\
Subscribed Subject Areas
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Materials Science
- SpringerLink provides access to 503 full-text Springer-Verlag Journals and 738 full-text journals formerly published by Kluwer Academic Publishing.
- One of the world's leading information services for Science, Technical and Medical journals.
- Provides access to almost 1 third of the world's current Electrical Engineering and Computer Science literature.
- IEEEXplore ® provides full-text access to 174 IEEE and 46 IET journals, magazines, transactions and conference proceedings as well as active IEEE standards. (More Info...)
- The ASCE Research Library provides access to more than 18,500 full-text papers from ASCE Journals and Proceedings.
- Taylor & Francis has grown rapidly over the last two decades to become a leading international academic publisher.
- More than 1000 journal titles in a full range of disciplines. (More Info...)
- Since the Blackwell-Synergy merger with Wiley-Interscience, all the journals available to HEC consortium are now available through Wiley-Interscience.
- Online database containing over 1,234 journals in science, technology, medicine, humanities and social sciences. (More Info...)
- Emerald is a dynamic database comprising over 150 titles in the fields of " Management, Information Science and Engineering.
- The Emerald full text collection features over 58,000 articles from titles published by Emerald.
- Flagship titles such as Management Decision, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Documentation, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, The TQM Magazine and Industrial Robot. (More Info...)
- Provides access to the full-collection of highly-rated of 11 Journals and conference proceedings.
- Covers developments in Physics, Industrial Applications (Applied Physics), and advances in Scientific Computing.
- The ACM contains full-text from 28 ACM Journals and Transactions, 10 ACM Magazines, over 40 ACM Special Interest Newsletters, 15 non-ACM journal and publications and over 100 annual conference proceedings.
- Content strengths include all areas of Information Technology, with full archival content for all ACM publications.
- 47 leading international medical Journals available through "Highwire Press", without any registration